Type of plywood for kitchen floor

I am going to replace a section of the kitchen floor with plywood (the floorboards are quite badly damaged) and I'm a bit confused as to the different types available.

I know that WBP = water and boilproof, but what is the difference between marine grade and exterior grade?

Would birch plywood be suitable for flooring?

TIA

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

Exterior is WBP - marine is much more expensive and you probably don't need it unless you're making a boat.

If it's WBP :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

wouldnt it look better to use floorboards?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If they were exposed then yes. They will be covered with vinyl and then when I get round to replacing all the cupboards I will probably use ceramic tiles.

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

then why the extra expense of ply?