Twenty quid wall chasers

Just a quick heads-up for anyone who's always wanted to turn their wall into dust but has been put off by the price of wall chasers: local Aldi had them reduced to =A319.99 (from =A340, I think).

Don't know whether this is national or just certain branches clearing stock.

And I haven't used one, so I can't say whether they're any good or not

- but I've had a 9" grinder and small table saw from Aldi and they've both taken some hammer and are still going.

Reply to
mike

Cheers for that, I'll take a look.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or from 29.99, a couple of days back when I finally sprung for one!

(Wonder if they've dropped the core drill sets yet?)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I bought a set of the carbide tipped holes saws a while ago for about £6. Tried them on Thursday on some tiles & they were really good.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

mike coughed up some electrons that declared:

My ALDI wall chaser seems to be very good now I've used it. Only thing wrong is the laser is on the wrong end (duh!)[1]. But I guide the edge of the machine to a line on the wall and that seems to work (draw line offset by blade-machineedge distance and bob's a monkey's uncle or something).

[1] Laser wants you to push the machine up - but it jumps if you do this. Need to pull machine down to cut nicely - ergo laser was designed on by someone who never used the machine

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Yes I bought one of these about 3 years ago and found the same problem: I thought it was just me...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Tim, David,

What are you using for dust extraction and how effective is it at limiting the dust?

Reply to
mike

mike coughed up some electrons that declared:

I plug a VAX in. Kills the filters and bag eventually but the dust capture is actually quite effective. An industrial hoover or something cyclonice (eg Dyson) might be better.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Did the round trip of the two closest to here - Bermondsey and Catford. Just the places for a Sunday day out. ;-)

No chasers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)