Turdis

Hi All,

Pump out type toilets that are used at festivals etc.

Do they have a separate tank of flush water with blue in it? Or does the liquid get filtered and recirculate?

I?d always assumed the latter, but now I?m not so sure.

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

There is a small tank if a washing facility is there, otherwise usually a hand sanitising cream.

But in the blue, it recirculates getting more unpleasant with each flush.

Not unlike in that respect the former bucket-and-chuck-it style of caravan toilets.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

I?m not convinced. Filters (and the cleaning thereof) would increase the service time and I don?t see how you could stop the filters clogging quickly. I?ve only ever seen ?clean? blue flush liquid, never cloudy.

They?ve never recirculated flush water either.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm a (fairly) regular user of such things at horsey events. (Cross Country FJ with another hat on).

During the day the blue gets browner and browner. In the evening, the old soup is sucked out through the vertical chimney by the contractor and recharged with fresh blue.

There always seem to be other users of the Turdis who don't understand that several pumps of the handle is needed to flush away. Probably town folks who expect a single twiddle to flush.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Indeed so. There are also rather nicer mobile units with conventional sanitary ware, the bottom of the whole construction housing a large tank. They have small electric pumps to keep the flush cylinders filled.

I guess that there is possibly a large mesh just to keep larger "debris" out of the pump.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I can never understand people who dont glance back at the flushed toilet to checkif all cleared and ensure there are no skiod marks.

Reply to
billyorange007

If you close the lid, you can't see them.

Reply to
charles

what lid ?

Reply to