Tumble Dryers - to condense or duct out?

There are few about and most are made by quality makers anyhow.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Why does that stop you recommending one?

Reply to
Andy Burns

There isn't much choice.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I'm no expert but, at the price, heat pump based machines would have to last much longer than any current domestic appliance to make them cost effective over their lifetime.

And the n'th generation "frost free" freezers are every bit as bad, if not worse. Often the first generation products of a new technology are over-engineered during the period where they don't need to compete so much over price. After a few iterations (almost) everything is built down to a price and will be less reliable IMHO.

I'd guess that a heat pump would last about as long as a fridge compressor, but this is only a guess.

Reply to
Mark

Hi Michael,

If you're not interested I'll stick it back in my bits box.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ