trousers for DIY

We were (1980's), urine stained suits etc. My mate plunged his hand into a bin liner to discover we had been donated a bag of [very] dirty knickers - nice!

Jumble sales went with the decrease in natural fibres. After a jumble sale, the "rag man" used to take any clothes left over. Synthetic materials no good - the rag man stopped coming and the chore of dumping the left over stuff made them not worth doing.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Think of how many times it has been 'passed' before being drunk in the lower reaches of the Trent. One or two less times on shorter rivers, but the water can be fully used up to three times in its journey down the river. More likely partly used up to 10 times though, so think how many times it has already been used.

Reply to
<me9

That depends where you live. Ours used to come out of adit about 1/2 a mile away filtred through the sand and limestone of these parts from the rain and sheep wee. It now comes from a reservior fed by rain and sheep wee.

Other places take it from water courses with sewage works out falls a few miles upstream...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yebbut the rain comes from evaporation of all water sources :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember sm_jamieson saying something like:

Go down to your nearest industrial workwear shed and get a pair of troos that are designed to take the flak.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Either way, I'll not be buying it.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Yeah but at that point it has been distilled. OK it still picks up the crap from the air but at least it leaves the crap in the river for the direct absraction to use...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Given the long history of odd 'rains' (frogs, fish, etc.), plus bird and insect detritus, I am really not exactly reassured by that... :-)

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall saying something like:

More likely ebay.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"The water in this establishment has been passed by the management".

And remember W.C. Fields' alleged quotation on water...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The point is that those molecules of even the purest water have been through many thousands of guts.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's why I'm reluctant to drink it.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh come on, Owain, oversalls aren't at all cool, they're passé!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They are also bloomin hot in the summer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

I just wear underpants under a cotton boilersuit - it's quite comfortable.

You didn't want to know that, did you?...

Reply to
Tim S

It's what we did in our bee suits.

After all, we're all bare underneath our clothes :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Waaaaay too much information from both of you........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Most charity shops have a system of sending unwanted clothing to textile recyclers. Patagonia - an high quality outdoor clothing company uses recycled polyester and plastic bottles in its clothing range ! Buying and donating to charity shops is a very good way of recycling all goods.

Reply to
robert

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

I only live down the road from you, would you like a demo?

hehe

Reply to
Tim S

If it turns you on ...