Trenching cost

in message: in message: in message:
How many metres going does it take to get the mole down to 1m, & back out again?
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
in message:
Thank Google you caught up Duhve!
Perhaps we'll find an opening for your cough "waterproof" mortar in the thread :-what with your knowledge & experience etc etc.... :-D:-D
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
in message:
in message:
in message:
You mean Duhve Duhve? Just my invention - it suits you don't you think? Duh?
Any advice from you, has zero value for me, Duhve :-D
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
If you've got it all ready? depending on access, a man & machine £300/day, a day to dig, lay backfill? Where does excess spoil go?
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
Yerss yours is a contraction ... of Duh {implying stupidity} & (da)ve - geddit yet Duhve?
More priceless advice from the ill equipped :-D
With your recent delusions Duhve perhaps you've been to see the man in the white coat yourself?
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
Seems fairly simple to me (like you!)
"Definition of duh
1 ?used to express actual or feigned ignorance or stupidity"
More experiential advice from armchair expert "Mr Mortar's Waterproof" :-D:-D
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
All down to cost I suspect.. how much is a moling operation for a day? Must be more than aman&adigger?
Reply to
Jimk
in message: in message: in message: in message:
Hmm OP was after a metre.
So in the 15m run how much would be "at 60cm depth" versus your "down & up gradients"? (assuming there's room to run in & out)
If you dug the trench you could go "straight down" then turn horizontal dependent on the bending radius of the pipes & cables which from the sounds of it will be quite tight...
Pipes & cables don't need a gradient but your mole plough does...
Reply to
Jimk
in message: in message: in message: in message: in message:
(Except drainage but that's not relevant here).
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
in message:
in message:
I don't drink Duhve.
Yet more of your armchair expertise coming through?
Did you believe mortar was waterproof when you rebuilt your roof parapet? Oopsy!
Reply to
Jimk
in message: in message:
Over 15m distances? I bet a tractor up to that will be 4m long itself...?
Reply to
Jimk
in message:
in message:
Oop north lad.! I don't need a digger&man to lay flags do you? I asked about spoil already.
Reply to
Jimk
Any ideas roughly what it would cost (in Cambridgeshire, heavy clay) to dig
about 15m of trench to a depth of 1m, bury insulated water pipes and some
SWA, backfill and put paving slabs on top?
Beyond 'hire a mini digger and DIY', where I'd probably spend most of the
time failing to drive the digger...
Thanks
Theo
Reply to
Theo
Thanks. Spoil would likely need to be removed - can probably use some of it, but not a great deal.
Theo
Reply to
Theo

Site Timeline Threads