Tree felling cost?

What do you think I should expect to pay to have a 20' high cherry felled? (It's dead but not rotten). I diy'd it as far as sawing off all the leaf-bearing branches so what remains is the trunk and 3 (very) large branches about 10" thick. thanks

Reply to
dave

Hopefully no more than 150 quid - but it pays to get several quotes, and it will depend on accessibility for carting the wood away.

I had a large willow tree felled last autumn - which must have been 50 feet high with a 20" trunk diameter and large branches. I got about 6 quotes which ranged in price from 280 quid with no VAT to 1000 quid plus VAT - a range of over 4 to 1!

Reply to
Set Square

I had a 20'-25' high willow felled about a month ago (based Reading). Cost me 100 quid, although I had to dig the stump out myself as the stump grinder wouldn't fit through the house. This quote did NOT include removal. That was an additional 150 quid, as it would have to be carried through the house.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

40 quid chain saw hire, including saftey gear.

If you are round my way I'll do it for you, if I get to keep the logs. Assuming you have 30 foot space to drop it into.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper