Trapped in an underground car park

I think the rawl bolt pulling out was the loud bang I heard. I was stood under it not sat in the van when it happened

Reply to
ARW

OK, I'm a software developer as opposed to a handyman, so don't know arse from elbow. I guess you are saying no glue, cement restores blown holes?

What I would do with a blown screw in a laptop lid hinge, is drill the hole right through and put a metal plate/washer on the other side, and a bolt right through. That would be the MacGyver solution.

The A Team solution would be to rev the van motor and drive right through the door. Maybe with the help of a stick of dynamite, I kept handy for making holes for back boxes, in difficult walls.

Reply to
Pancho

Such an event like this could have been very dangerous. I mean I'd not trust a roller shutter door where you had to bend brackets to make it open and close. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I am not going to fall out with you on this one:-)

I did a WhatsApp video and photos with the door repairman that was 2 hours away. I wanted out and lots of others that lived there were arriving back from from work and also others wanting going to go to work.

His words were "It's f***ed, even we cannot lift that shutter tonight"

And then he told me exactly what I needed to do to get out.

Cheers

Reply to
ARW

I got trapped in a Belgian nightclub overnight when I was in the toilet as they closed up.

Couldn't get out so had a few drinks..... and a few more..... slept on the floor with some cushions.

Anybody read J G Ballard's Concrete Island?

Reply to
Eusebius