Transparent, waterproof, flexable ?gllue?

On my car aerial, I have a Yorkshire flag, at least partially to find the car in a large car park. Others have Mickey Mouse heads and the like, to do the same job.

The flags are made of plain printed ?nylon? without sewn edges. As with all flags they have a limited life, so they only last about 3 months. I have tried to sew edges on them but that did not increase the life much.

I want to paint the edges with a transparent, waterproof, flexible, ?glue? to strengthen them. My first thoughts are Copydex, if I can find any. Has anyone got any other ideas?

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Register your mobile phone=20 IMEI *free* on

Keep the username and password. =20 If it gets stolen report it your provider to get it blocked. To hopefully get it back report on
or 08701 123 123.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Should getting Copydex be a problem ...What about PVA woodglue..?

Stuart

--

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

Don't really understand why getting Copydex is a problem...!

(I even saw some in our [small] Woolworths yesterday....)

Reply to
Bob Eager

I would suggest laminating the flag using a cheap office laminator, then when you've trimmed the laminated plastic around the shape of the flag, perhaps cable tie it to the aerial? If you don't have access to a laminator, ask someone who works in an office. These days laminators are ten a penny.

Reply to
buzby

I don't think Copydex is waterproof.

A camping shop might have something for repairing rips in nylon. That, brished on the edges, might retard fraying.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A sewing supply shop or mail order house should have this - sold under names like 'fray check', or similar. I've used it, and it works remarkably well.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Acrylic water based clear wood varnish is not BAD.

Its a little stiff.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

try Homebase, Boyes, Ryman, etc., haberdashery dept., also often stock it. 4.50 per 125ml bottle HTH

Reply to
wikedperson

Available here - for GBP 2.36 or here -

It's washable, durable, colourless, and does what it says on the tin.

Reply to
S Viemeister