Gaffer tape for warts

From the local doctor (tho via the local pub) ...

Charm away your warts with a bit of gaffer tape. Replace daily for two weeks. Apparently there is some chemical in the glue that warts don't like

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

They don't like deing denied air, that's for sure.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I understand the best thing is to constantly rub them with the inside of a pea pod. Certainly something in that.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

It sometimes works. Glacial acetic acid always works.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

| From the local doctor (tho via the local pub) ...

All Doctors know about the placebo effect. =20 | Charm away your warts with a bit of gaffer tape. Replace daily for two=20 | weeks. Apparently there is some chemical in the glue that warts don't=20 | like

These are all innumerable folk customs to "charm" away warts. Non of them work, but warts go away naturally after some time, except varucas.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Register your mobile phone=20 IMEI *free* on

Keep the username and password. =20 If it gets stolen report it your provider to get it blocked. To hopefully get it back report on
or 08701 123 123.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I just had what the Doc termed a soft wart removed. The practise runs a monthly Cryo clinic .... so booked in, and it took of a minute ... he just sprayed on some liquid Nitrogen ... wart died and fell off a few days, free, simple & painless.

Reply to
Rick

Worked for my grand-daughter too on the advice of clinic's nurse.

Reply to
AnthonyL

As it's a DIY group, I'll give my DIY method for effectively removing warts....

Go to Maplins (etc) buy a can of Freezer Spray (for cooling suspect IC's to find the faulty one) then, very carefully, press the top of the aerosol to allow the liquid "stuff" to run down the delivery tube and drop-by-drop allow the liquid to land on the wart and boil away.

Keep applying untill the wart is frozen but stop before the surrounding skin becomes too frozen.

Repeat daily as required.

NOTE - a gently touch is required or you end up squirting the stuff all over your hand which is a bit stupid.

Far more convienient than finding time to go to the doctors.

:¬)

Reply to
PeTe33

Doctor suggested same treatment for other half's verruca last week. Results inconclusive so far.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Our little chap has 2 verrucae I will try it as the chemist said bazooka (or whatever) can't be used on infants.

I am presuming "gaffa tape" is that silver/grey coloured waterproof "sticks to anything" tape also branded as "ducktape" ?

Reply to
PeTe33

I reckon pliers or a soldering iron would be a lot quicker.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Worked for me...it's also an easy way of getting rid of skin tags.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Doctor here specifically said `Duck Tape'---took me a while to find it, but Homebase had some.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Alternatively go to the chemist and buy the proper Wartner wart freezing kit . Far more convenient than finding a Maplin shop, and far less fiddly than your method.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Doh. There's always got to be some company somewhere that spoils the element of inginuity for profit.

Reply to
PeTe33

So "Duct Ape" might not work as well..... ?

Reply to
PeTe33

So whats to stop you using "ice cubes",?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

First search turned up this

PeTe33

If I get a wart, I burn it out with a 5mm tip soldering iron. That works every time. It stings a bit, but if you get it right, the wart insulates you from any real pain.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

| > Charm away your warts with a bit of gaffer tape. Replace daily for = two | > weeks. Apparently there is some chemical in the glue that warts don't | > like |=20 | If I get a wart, I burn it out with a 5mm tip soldering iron. That = works=20 | every time. It stings a bit, but if you get it right, the wart = insulates you=20 | from any real pain.

Beware, I inadvertently walked backward into a soldering iron and burned my leg. No problem, I put an elastoplast on it and it healed, but with a raised scar. 20 years later it started itching, so off to the doctor, who sent me to hospital using a *red* form. Month later I got an appointment and they said "it has been there too long, we will have it off". Three weeks later they took it out together with a

*large* chunk of skin. Another appointment and they said "The path lab report says Precancerous changes, if you had waited another five years you would have been in deep trouble" I gave a deep sigh of relief :-) No problems since :-)