Tracks to nowhere?

Interestingly enough I have Memory Map 2004 with the IoW in 1:50000. Bill is clearly visible, but Mike isn't. Although _some_ of the lines that make up the name are present. And Robin is missing - although just to the west on both is something that you could read as BIRST.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

And Trevor?

Reply to
polygonum

I read that Blackgang Chine is falling into the sean so a measure of indetermainate doodling might be appropriate.

Reply to
Graham.

Along with deliberate error that make it easy to trace copyright violations.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

A lot of electronic "counterfeits" are made on the same lines as the real things and are indistinguishable.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It is a pcb "test coupon" - used them loads of times either on the pcb or just outside the board edge so that the stack can be tested before breaking out the board. Explanation and expoded diagram here:-

Geo

In article , Jethro_uk writes

Not quite the same thing, but:

Mike Tomlinson

There are also stories of other things like trademarks being etched into chips to try and prevent forgeries, or maybe they were just the chip designer showing off...

Reply to
John Williamson

I don't think so.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Its always tempting to put a rabbit or a dino in the tracking. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

To the west of Robin under Warren Fm is TREV.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I see Trev, but alas! Brave Sir Robin...

It's interesting, this implies they have been added gradually.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Long shot, but maybe a simple delay line, like you used to get in old colour TV's?

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

In old Tektronic oscilloscope manuals there was often something in the circuit/waveform diagrams, such a man skiing down a ramp waveform or a climber on a rope scaling the diagram of the CRT.

Reply to
alan

As the costal erosion tales its toll? Perhaps it's a simple device used by the cartographer when the course of the coastline isn't accurate.

Reply to
Graham.