Totally Waterproof Boots

Have some 'all-rubber' boots that are lace up. They never let in any wet and being lace up are quite comfortable enough for gardening and walking short distances.

But now being about 25 years old the lace hooks have come adrift and its time for replacements.

They are manufactured in Malaysia and I did find them for sale in the U.K., quite some time ago for fifty pounds or so. Which seems quite a lot since they are really a glorified ankle length Wellington Boot, with laces.

The other day I saw on T.V. a documentary about the Royal Navy and they all seemed to be wearing black boots, that looked comfortable and they would have to be waterproof..right?

But I cannot seem to find them for sale on the internet anywhere, so I'm assuming they are only available directly to Naval personnel.

Grateful for any information on where I could pick up a 100% waterproof lace up boot, especially the Naval ones. ( I'm not interested in the Goretex/waterproof membrane type boots, since I hear the lining has a limited life, and also they tend to be expensive, which I dont need for short walks and gardening). Thanks.

Reply to
john east

Tried the local army surplus store?

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D Smith

Man at B&Q

There used to be a place in Norwich that sells that stuff, I think, but can't be sure if it is still there and it was called something like Adventure Sport? Failing that maybe Milletts?

When I am next in town, here in France, I will take a look and see if I can see something like you describe.

Reply to
Judith in France

That was my uncle's business. It was Venture Sport.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Try Derri Boots.

I had a pair 25+ years back, so don't know what they're like now. They were waterproof, but your feet would soon be saturated from sweat, like wearing a plastic bag. Tolerable for short use, useless for all day wear.

Reply to
Onetap

If you're not worried about the fashion issue

Nthkentman

There is always the Derri Boot....

Bob Hobden

There used to be a place in Norwich that sells that stuff, I think, but can't be sure if it is still there and it was called something like Adventure Sport? Failing that maybe Milletts?

When I am next in town, here in France, I will take a look and see if I can see something like you describe.

Just for the record, Milletts has closed down quite recently.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Grey

Sorry for this reply - OP has crossposted and I filed to notice.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Grey

This person has crossposted to several NGs and our replies are turnng up all over the place !We (including me) should be more careful by replying more specifically !

Bill

Reply to
Bill Grey

And after wearing them all day, the green fumes that rose from them ensured the room was evacuated rapidly.

Reply to
grimly4

I use short wellingtons. The only come about halfway up the calf. I think they are Hunter. Might not be suitable for wading in any depth of water but are fine for anything else. They are very easy to get on and off unlike the full length Hunters which can be a royal p.i..t.a. to get off

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred