Idigbo

I have a bit of left over Idigbo, 9" x 12" x 1.25". Nothing huge... was wondering what I could make from it. I don't want a stack of pens :) Any suggestions?
For anyone not familiar it's a brown African hardwood of low density, fairly good strength & not much figure. I gather it's best kept dry.
NT
On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 11:39:54 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A musical instrument? Do you know the sort of thing I mean? Often has a hollowed out body and an animal-skin sounding "board" held by pins all round. Maybe sacrifice some of the width to make the pole-type neck and pegs.
I had one of those turn up at my workshop from a museum wanting a replacement for a broken peg. I didn't have any Idigbo so I used Sapele and delicately stained it to match. I shuffled the pegs around (they had been in the wrong holes anyway) and I was delighted to find the owner couldn't tell which was the replacement.
Nick
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

I thought I had some bits of that although mine is distinctly pink. Lots of cross grain shakes:-(
--
Tim Lamb

My son wanted to make a boot puller. Would this be suitable? He had me pulling them off for him, instead. :(