TOT 'Smart' meters

I don't see why my energy supplier should determine my cooking/eating habits.

Reply to
Max Demian

You would always pay full price to travel when you want as well then?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

So splurge the extra 20p on having your dinner at the usual time.

(meanwhile saving more than 20p because energy is half price the other 21 hours of the day)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Hence the idea of road pricing.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Although according to the Octopus website you cannot switch straight onto this tariff. You need to switch to Octopus first, make sure you have a Smets2 meter or a 'secure SMETS1' meter (whatever that is) first and sign up for direct debits.

Reply to
Andrew

So far we seem to be spending less on our new tariff than our old fixed rate one AND we?re getting all our fuel for motoring included (1,500 miles per month).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Fine, and you pay for that privilege. It?s your choice. I choose to be flexible and save money on my EV charging.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Are you really so close to the breadline you set mealtimes by the cooking costs?

If so, cook by gas?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Does that mean you can only use your car at certain times of the day?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

That's common across all suppliers. The supplier 'owns' your meter, so you have to be their customer before they can schedule a replacement meter installation. That's why they switch you to a temporary tariff until they can install one. In most cases the rate is the same as the smart tariff you'd end up on if it's a flat or E7 tariff, but in this case there's no way to do the Agile tariff without a smart meter so you get put on something else until your meter installation.

Theo

Reply to
Theo