TOT: mainly for those who know me

I've been in this group for a long time, and I've made quite a few friends here and in two other groups. For some time I've been discussing with some of those people a very non-DIY matter, the subject matter of a book of mine. Because the book deals with some quite sensitive matters I've been grateful for the help I've received regarding just how such matters can be handled. I thought that I'd let everyone know that the book, 'Don't Cross the North Road' is now available as paperback or kindle download.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Erm. Did you see a totally different page?

"Kindle Edition £0.00 Free with Kindle Unlimited membership Learn More Or £2.00 to buy"

Reply to
soup

Where's the torrent?

Reply to
Pent

Can?t see a single mention of aerial fitting in the blurb! ;-)

Not sure sure it?s my cup of tea but knowing your ability at story telling I?m very happy to punt a couple of quid in your direction Bill. Dare I ask how much of the tale relates to real life experiences?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Outside my window.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Which produces for me :-

Amazon's version of 404

Maybe it is because you are in Australia(Mmm sort of nixied by the VPN), maybe it has something to do with the missing apostrophe .

¯\_(?)_/¯
Reply to
soup

Click on it and it takes you to both options.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It's slightly complicated. If you read the book, ask me the question afterwards and it will be possible to give a comprehensible answer.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Of course a google for Kindle followed by a google for Dont cross the north road always works.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It's very strange. I asked for worldwide distribution. What's more, my friend who lives in Scotsville Az USA received a copy that apparently came from Australia!

I'll check uip on all this tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

ok so first question, what happened to the bullet?

(well written by the way, a very readable story, while also being a very difficult to read story!)

Reply to
John Rumm

What indeed? Did the SOCO find it? We'll never know!

Thank you! I value your opinion.

Yes it's quite harrowing isn't it? I hope you didn't find it too disturbing. I know it upset some people.

To answer the original question. It got as far as the man washing my knees, touching, etc. I knew about 'strange men' because there was one that used to hang about up Castle Hills and we'd discussed him with older boys. So I was just slightly wary, but really what ended it was that I just lost interest in him. I started at a new school and for a while just wasn't roaming the countryside so much. His character in the book and his grooming technique were based on another man I encountered as a young teenager. He was in a position of authority and was undoubtedly a paedo, but I was older. Nothing much happened. Again, I shied away. As a child and a teenager I encountered, first or second hand, a significant number of people who were sexually interested in boys. Some of them were blatant. Parents etc seemed blissfully unaware.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It's funny how much experiences can differ. My wife, a Registered Mental Health Nurse, has had many many patients who've been ill for decades and sexual abuse as children has been at the bottom of it, while I growing up in the same area, at the same time, know no-one (from the area) who experienced anything and never felt any threat of it myself.

Reply to
Steve Walker