TOT Live Football

I'll start by saying I have zero interest in watching football but just a few minutes ago I was channel hopping and ended up on BBC1 which is now showing live football, presumably behind closed doors.

It sounds like that they are adding crowd noises to the broadcast. Perhaps viewers find it too boring without such enhancements?

Reply to
alan_m

Not every one;-)

ARW

I think I saw on 'Click' that there were some systems where you could pay to have your avatar set in a virtual stadium and be hooked up to the screen / sound system so other people paying to be in the crowd could also see you and themselves (or the avatars thereof)?

I'm sure that would still work in future so the crowds don't need to waste all that time getting there and back, can still shout / chant racial and other abuse and still use social media to arrange fights locally. Plus they just need the grass to play on, not that big stadium (that could then be flats). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

That would surely be silly. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

sky subscribers get to choose from 2 different feeds

obviously FTA channels can't be that wasteful

Reply to
tim...

I'd guess the biggest footie audience is actually in pubs, watching the match live? In the day?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

MOTD had: Commentator with Crowd Commenator without Crowd Crowd no commentator

With no commentator all there was to help was that every player was called Black Lives Matter.

Reply to
AnthonyL

but in the normal world

Saturday 3pm live matches are banned in order not to abstract from attendees of lower leagues

HTH

tim

Reply to
tim...

Don't most people go to the pub to avoid football on TV?

Football on TV in pubs can be much like karaoke in that it can drive away more regular custom than new custom it attracts.

Reply to
alan_m

I'm not sure ... couldn't they just turn it off at home watch something else [1] ... or do you mean if other members of the family were watching it?

It certainly would here, as would a 'Live Band' or disco.

I would most likely go into a pub for a 'quiet meal' if out and I wouldn't get that with anything else going on in the place. It's bad enough with the noise levels in a busy pub with people shouting over each other. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Him, 'Put your coat on I'm going up the pub'.

Her, 'Oh, am I coming with you then ..?'

Him, 'No, I'm turning the central heating off'.

;-)

Reply to
T i m

Most round here including what would be nearer to wine bars show sports to get the crowds in. I avoid footie on TV by changing the channel. Is your set old enough to be single channel?

Many of the pubs that relied on what you'd called regulars have gone now anyway. More money to be made by supplying meals to those who just want a night out. Sadly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

ITYF your analysis of this is incorrect

HTH

tim

Reply to
tim...

Why does the 'dual sound' option never get used in this country? Could you not choose between soundtracks with or without the added crowd noises?

Reply to
Scott

Given how few are actually employed in broadcast at the moment, you're lucky anything made the screen at all. But then employing pros for things like sound ain't much of a priority these days with any of them. If the office boy can just about get it to work after a fashion.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)