Torch bulbs?

Repairing mother-in-laws rechargeable torch (well it's sort of d-i-y), and it turns out that all it needs is a new bulb: Krypton 4.8v 0.75a.

Loads of places sell these for around £1, but p&p ranges from £3 upwards. Anyone know where to buy these for less, including the postage pls?

Reply to
GB

In message , GB writes

ebay is often good for these odd bits and bobs (if you can't source them from a hardware store locally).

Eg 2 for £2.50 free postage

or

2 for 99p + £1 P&P
Reply to
chris French

Ah, thanks. That's great!

Reply to
GB

Changing the torch for an LED one if its frequently used is probably a better bet now .

Adam

Reply to
AA

Got some nice little conversion kits for the Maglites...they work well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

OK, I have 3 Maglites: home, toolkit and bike, so a link please.

Reply to
PeterC

Oh dear. I got the link from here but it was ages ago. And it was a place in the USA..I'm sure there are nearer ones now. But my memory has just (since I started typing this!) popped up the name, so a bit of exploring and I have:

finds loads of hits for "terralux maglite", and even Amazon sell them. Not increibly cheap, and the USA source may be cost effective for three of them.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Or soemwhere like Ultraleds.co.uk for LED conversion bulbs. Handy if you've got C or D cell Maglites you want to keep, even better if you put lithium cells into them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

CPC do an AA maglite LED module (LA02712) for £8.90 and a conversion kit with push-buuton tail cap (LA02711) for £9.49 inc VAT

They also have 2-wire and C/D replacement LEDs - search for "Nite Ize"

Reply to
Geo

Thanks for that - I'll bookmark it then search on ebay for tuits.

Reply to
PeterC

3 different sizes of torch, with AAA or AA, so 3 kits :-(
Reply to
PeterC

Cheers. I see that the £ figure = $ figure yet again.

Reply to
PeterC