Topical problem

Makes even more sense to stick with your original rod speed nym.

Reply to
Richard

Have you got a draw knife?

If not a plane set on an aggressive cut.

Reply to
John Rumm

Somebody not a million miles from here, according to the news I heard the other day has utilised his green wheelie bin to support his outdoor Christmas tree, though he has apparently had to use three guy ropes to stop it wandering off.

I'm assuming you are though, in fact wanting to use this tree indoors.

One of the problems with this idea is that inside under the outer bark you often find the wood is quite soft and not very strong, so whether you want to go ahead is up to you. I once did this many years ago simply by sawing a known depth cut all the way around, then sawing down to it from the end so it looked a bit like a50p coin effect, then used a chisel to round the corners to fit the base. as I say it was still a bit fragile, as the tree was rather top heavy and kind of bled where it had no bark. These days I'm a paid up member of the Bah Humbug society when it comes to Christmas decor! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Alternative approach: ditch the stand and jigsaw an appropriately sized hole in the lounge floor. Insert tree. Hammer in wedges to hold tree.

The hole will come in handy for running cables later.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Ended up using a sharp chisel and mallet, and the multi-tool to saw through knots. Easy enough. I'm sure anyone used to working with 'green' wood wouldn't have had a problem. I'm not. Don't even have any trees in this small garden.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Until 12th night ?.

Reply to
Andrew

-- =

My daughter asked me for a pet spider for her birthday, so I went to our= local pet shop and they were =A370! Blow this, I thought, I can get one= cheaper off the web.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

  1. Purchase a small folding pruning saw.
  2. Grip wet resiny freezing cold tree trunk in one bare hand.
  3. Hold pruning saw in other and hack away at trunk.
  4. Switch hands at regular intervals to ensure both get equally numb, wet and coated in resin.
  5. Get wife to drive you to A&E.

To be fair, the wound inflicted by a pruning saw looks worse than it is.

Reply to
Halmyre

He really should put it between his legs and setup a camera to record the event.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Really Dave. Surely as a lab technician you know one of the primary rule of H&S - always cut in the direction away from your body? Or does that explain your brain damage?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and what would stop you from doing that exactly in the above. ?

And you should know as the wanker you are that you can pull on your c*ck away from you and then pull towards you.

your brain damage is in your penis thought as much.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'll see if I can put him in touch with that receptionist that gave me a hand job in the pub car park on last years Christmas works do.

The clumsy bitch removed a fair bit of bark from my trunk.

Reply to
ARW

Long finger nails?

Reply to