Tools for grown-ups

Usenet regulars won't be at all surprised to find that I spent a most enjoyable half hour arguing with a Tesco manager over my right to a refund for faulty merchandise (one of their Xmas MP3 players that didn't last an hour) without giving my name and address. Their position was admittedly weakened as I'd paid cash and already had their refund folded in my wallet.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 01:09:48 +0100, Paul Andrews wrote (in article ):

You just wanted a slicer the action..

Reply to
Andy Hall

Some Leathermen (is that the correct plural?) have a lever lock, e.g. the Crunch:

just hope I'm never pulled over whilst cycling, my Topeak Alien cycle multi-tool has a similar lock. "Carrying *two* illegal weapons: you *must* be a terrorist".

the potential consequences weren't so serious, watching our (allegedly) learned friends arguing about whether it's a knife with a mole wrench/chain tool attached or the other way round could be endless hours of (expensive) amusement. And as for my Yorkshire Billhook:

Alan J. Wylie

This Leatherman does have a locking button - or sort of slide thing, really.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is still the same. So why don't you want them to know that you live at No 69 Acacia Avenue Toytown? :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

The message from John Stumbles contains these words:

'Cos last time they asked for proof of address!

Reply to
Guy King

You hadn't moved in the meantime?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh well done! Anyone who stands up to Tesco deserves a medal.

Mind you, it would be better not to shop there in the first place.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They're open at 3am. I used to shop there a lot.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

So did I.

No more though. I know my individual protest won't make an iota of difference but my name won't be on the supporters' list.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher