Tool for removing rust etc. - report on GMC 'paint scraper'

This refers to my recent posting about a 'chipper' type tool as used by welders for removing rust. I wanted a small/lightweight one for removing rust from our boat hull and superstructure.

Well I've bought one of these:-

didn't buy it from here)

It arrived today and, after a short play, it seems almost *exactly* what I wanted. I doubt if it's particularly good for removing paint from soft[ish] surfaces like wood and plastic as it is rather easy to dig in the to surface being scraped. However for scraping corrosion and old paint off metal it's excellent. One of the blades is quite narrow, about 1/2" wide, and will be good at getting into awkward corners on the boat.

I've also found that it's rather good at scraping lime-scale off horse waterers! :-)

Reply to
tinnews

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk saying something like:

found, try this... url:

Grimly Curmudgeon

url:

google shopping search for GMC Paint Scraper brings up lots of hits, that was just the most convenient one. I wonder why my URL was lacking, maybe they're built dynamically somehow.

Reply to
tinnews