Too small for shower room?

I'm wondering if a room size 94x107cm (37x42in) is too small to house a shower, plus a hand-basin if possible.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:27 +0100, Timothy Murphy had this to say:

Can you move around in that space? If so you can have a shower there, provided that when you flay your bits around you don't catch 'em on the edge of the hand-basin.

Can you get a shower tray that'll fit into that space, or would you have to create something with tiles that'll fit?

Personally I like a shower where you can initially rinse yourself then stand away from the spray whilst you soap/gel yourself up before washing the whole lot off with a reasonable water pressure.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Ample space, provided dressing/undressing/clothes storage happens outside the room - e.g. if it's to be an ensuite opening onto a bedroom, or it's a studio flat (but do check building regulations in your locale).

Showers in motorhomes or boats are usually considerably smaller than that - but the room entrance door acts as the cubicle door, i.e. it's reasonably waterproof and watertight.

You could also look at the fold-away washbasins designed for boats and motorhomes that are ok to be fitted within the shower space.

Reply to
RubberBiker

Just, IMHO the whole thing would have to be the shower though to have enough room to move about and bend in. The standard square shower (900? 1000mm?) is barely big enough on the diagonal for me to bend without bum or head touching the sides. Hate that.

There would be no where for undressing/drying/putting or putting clothes.

If the door was a shower door it have to open outwards, think about the drips from that door after use.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The message from Timothy Murphy contains these words:

Depends on what sort of figure your wife has!

Reply to
Appin

A wet room might be feasible, I think - i.e. think about tanking and tiling the whole room and fitting a waterproof door.

Reply to
Jim

Folding shower doors usually fold inwards to prevent dripping outside the shower area, so this isn't a major problem.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

True enough but with only 47" max depth to the room (might 3?") you don't have a lot of space to get into the cubicle turn and close the door.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

If you're squashed & determined, a tiny overhead sealed cupboard could keep clothes and towel dry while you shower. A SELV fan could get rid of the mist once you're showered, enalbing you to dry everything but feet in the shower cubicle.

NT

Reply to
NT

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

In other words, the answer to the OP's question is "yes" ;-)

Cheers richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster