Toilet Cistern Noise ?

A few months ago I fitted one of these valves to the toilet cistern

have noticed recently that there is a noise coming from the toilet as though water is running, yet there is no water coming out of the valve. I know this because I lowered the adjuster thereby reducing the water level in the tank. then I marked the syphon and watched it filling after flushing the loo for about 5 or 6 times. I also lifted the valve to see if that would stop the noise but it didn't.

I was begining to worry about the loo overflowing as there is no overflow fitted to the loo. It is one of those syphons that has a hole in it for this purpose.

Can anyone please explain why am hearing this noise.

Reply to
the_constructor

"the_constructor" wrote

Have you marked the float height across to a fixed point on the cistern wall, then checked it after a long period of non-use (eg overnight)? I have the side entry version of this device and is does make a distinctive hissy noise right up to the point of shut off. If you have some small crud between diaphragm and seat I could see this happening. If the level does raise in the cistern over-night, try dismantling and cleaning the diaphragm/seat.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Well I took the inlet valve to work and could not get any joy so finished up replacing the whole lot. Works a treat now. I can now sleep in my bed

Reply to
the_constructor