Tips for clean edge between wall and ceiling

Oh yes! (and if you have tall rooms, it makes the room seem better proportioned as well)

Reply to
John Rumm

One of the "advantages" of varifocal lenses being unable to focus close up on stuff above your head!

(I sometimes have to resort to dedicated reading glasses for things like wiring ceiling roses these days)

Reply to
John Rumm

Still going to have paint line somewhere though?

Paint ceiling first, and the top couple of inches of wall. Dia of roller used to paint ceiling in reality, brush out the walls to give and even surface, no gobs of paint from the roller end.

Walls, use a behind radiator roller to paint the top 4" or so of the wall getting as close to the ceiling as you dare. This band of painted wall enables bulk of the wall to be painted without having to worry too much about getting close to the ceiling with a big roller.

I'm afraid that free hand with a synthetic bristle cutting in brush is the only way to get a decent line. Needs to be fairly well loaded, apply paint to wall just below where you want to line up to the ceiling the use a horizontal but slowly heading towards the ceiling movement of the brush to push the paint into a small "bow wave" and edge into the corner. It's wall paint on the ceiling that really stands out, a little white on the wall doesn't show as much.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

ISTR that frog tape was supposed to be more resistant to bleeding at the edges...

Reply to
John Rumm

A bit green and slimy, I'd have thought. The French sort is toad'ly different. Sorry, insanity setting-in! Hat, coat ...

Reply to
nothanks

wartch your language.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Just be careful not to ribbet off too quick...

Reply to
John Rumm