Time for a new shower?

Got one of those Wickes "aquatronic" mixer showers (the sort that takes hot water from the immersion cylinder rather than heating it itself).

Anyway, noticed it seemed to be leaking mucky water out of the bottom of the unit whenever I used it.

Here's a pic from inside the cover, so you can see the drip (its a big pic so if you've got a slow connection it'll take a mo to load).

appears to be leaking from where the pump spindle (is that the correct word?) goes through into the plumbing to pump the water, heres a shot with the motor cover removed...
'm assuming there's no way of repairing any seals and it would simply be better to get a new shower?

Should I plump for the same make and model, which will make doing a straight swap easy, or should I go for a differant type?

TIA

Reply to
Simon (Dark Angel)

It won't be made by Wickes, just badged. If you can find out who made it (maybe a label inside?) then you can get parts from the maker or from

be worth giving them a call, they may well know who made the showers for Wickes.

Much, much easier doing a straight swap with the same make. Different make will prolly need new water & power feeds, a right PITA.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman