Tiling Problem

I'm tiling the bathroom and on one wall the tiles only go halfway up. I'm using that white trim to give a radiused edge to the top row of tiles. The problem is where I go round the wall into the window. This is an external corner so the trim needs to be chamfered at 45 degrees. The problem is the vertical bit of trim which follows round from the window sill. It's a bit like the corner of a cube where I have three edges coming together. It seems to me its impossible to cut the trim so that all three bits fit together. I think maybe all three bits should be cut square and a specially shaped corner insert put in. I've never seen any inserts like this so I dont know if they exist.

What is the correct way of finishing this corner?

Nodge

Reply to
Nodge

Donno about correct but I mitre the top pieces and just butt the vertical up underneath looks fine. Sand off the point from the mitre to the same profile as the vertical and the grout fills in any holes.

I put the vertical so that the flange goes behind the tiles on the reveal not the wall. This means that the most visible edge is a nice straight line.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You couldn't do away with one strip by using bull nosed tiles?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

In message , Michael Mcneil writes

don't see that many around, and quite possibly not to match the tiles anyway.

I use an electric tile cutter, which means you can mitre the edge of the tiles at the corner, so avoiding the edging trim altogether.

Reply to
chris French

Agreed. I've never found an ideal solution to this, and I don't regard mitred tiles as one either!

Reply to
stuart noble