Tiling a floor and using Hardibacker500. Any tips?

Hi.

Will be doing my bathroom floor next week and the boards are thin. I've bought some of this hardibacker board, a cement style board, but wonder if there's any tricks in using it?

How should it be best secured? Nailed? Screwed? Glued?

Best sealer to apply before tile adhesive?

Best way to make a good 'joint' with the landing floor? Thickness of this, adhesive and tiles will make about an inch step into the bathroom.

Any other tips? Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

of luck

Reply to
EricP

Approved fasteners are Minimum 1-1/4" long corrosion-resistant roofing nails (OR) minimum 1-1/4" No. 8 by 0.323" head diameter ribbed counter sinking head, corrosion-resistant screws.

Thanks, thats what I needed! :)

Reply to
Mike Barnard