Tiles to ceiling joint

Flexible grout or silicone?

The cons against silicone are that I'm bound to get it smeared over the nicely painted ceiling and it's fiddly to get up there to work in detail with the old Fugenbois (it just is - would take ages to explain why in detail, but it's over the bath which is tucked partly into a recess).

Otherwise I would have defaulted to silicone...

Grout OTOH wipes off paint nicely...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Use masking tape to keep it off the areas you don't want it on. Apply silicone, smooth, then pull off the tape.

Reply to
S Viemeister

What Sheila says. :-)

Reply to
Dave Osborne

if its a painted and not tiled ceiling, WTF do you want to seal it for anyway? Grout, or decorators caulk.

If it is tiled, grout of course anyway!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Whatever is up with you people? water doesn't collect on ceilings. What is the point of sealing it?

Its probably got a massive hole for a light fitting in it somewhere as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Homelux internal cove tile trim is neat. Straightens that wall ceiling join too.

Reply to
stuart noble

Condensation collects on bathroom ceilings.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Is that the flexible stuff on a roll? Packaged with a roll of sticky adhesive?

Reply to
S Viemeister

No, this kind of thing

demountable.

Reply to
stuart noble

The Natural Philosopher wibbled on Monday 05 July 2010 16:05

It's not the sealing, it's whether the ceiling will flex and crack along the grout line is what I thought might be a risk. Haven't done tiles to a ceiling before :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

stuart noble wibbled on Monday 05 July 2010 16:31

That looks very interesting. I could use that for a few things.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thank you - that could be just what I need.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Last time I did this, I knocked up some mini scotia mounding on the router table, painted it gloss white, and used it like coving!

Reply to
John Rumm

Only if they are solid concrete.

Mine are plasterboard.