Tiles from Hell - the sequal

Was that after she'd seen BiL's best efforts?

Reply to
<me9

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net...

Although that is only throwing good money after bad if there are no assets to cover it and it sounds as though her shop is likely to head that way quite quickly.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

For some customers* roadkill shoved through the letterbox with a second invoice also works if the first invoice is upaid .

*special customers with who you do not want repeat business.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

My first self-employed job was on June 23rd this year, at a local factory unit of an international Company. £40 total. I still havent been paid for it. I was going to send off the 'Court action will be taken if payment not received in 2 weeks' letter today, when I had a call from the factory this morning - have you been paid yet? "err, no, you will be getting a letter tomorrow from me" 'Dont worry, we'll get it sorted today, and it should be with you by the weekend. Now, we've got another job that needs doing'

"OK, get the first payment to me, and all future jobs will be paid on the day, not via invoice to the head office." "OK, we'll call you when the cheque has gone out"

I think the court action letter will need to be sent, as I didnt get a call saying a cheque was on its way.

I wouldnt mind, but this is a massive company, and only a £40 bill. It'd cost them more in admin fees than the cost of the work if I threaten Court action. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

It'll be stuck in the postal strike now... How convenient.

Have a read of

which is a set of pages on this subject by my ISP.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Excellent - thanks Andrew.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Use the 'squeaking hinge gets the oil' technique. I had a woman last year who promised me a cheque by return which didn't arrive. After a few reminders, but no cheque I set an alarm on my mobile & called her every hour on the hour. After the first two calls she wouldn't answer anymore, so I called, left a message & then sent a text. After two days she gave in & the cheque arrived.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You have not heard of the "Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) A= ct

1998" then?

Basically all business to business transactions paid late (the default i= s

30 days after goods or services OR 30 days after the invoice date, which= ever is the later) can now attract interest (currently 13.5%) charged daily and a compensation payment (invoice total less than =A3999.99 it i= s =A340).

More info at

course if a company still won't pay you have the courts to fall back = on but a "statement of account" showing the =A340 compenstation charge and = the

1.5p/day interest might make 'em move a bit quicker.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice