Tile to carpet "Z-Bars", maximum height.

Can't seem to see any specification on the maximum height of these things.

I have measured from the floor the carpet and underlay is going onto, to the face of the tile it's ajoining, and one room is 16mm, the other

18mm. Anyone know if they are all a standard size, and if they would be suitable?

Thanks.

Reply to
MarkG1234

The ones I've used start off at at least 20mm, and you tap them down until one side touches the hard floor and the other side presses on the carpet. The finished levels on the two sides don't need to be exactly the same, but it looks a bit odd if the difference is more than a few mm.

I've used them quite successfully for joining carpet to quarry tiles, and carpet to engineered wooden flooring. I've even managed to pry one up to change the carpet and then tap it down again, but I don't think it would stand that too many times - the Z bits would part company.

Reply to
Roger Mills