Tightening device

Where would I get one of these? this short Utube vid shows the device. Quite a unique canvas stretcher which Id like to make but I don't know the name of that tightning belt strap thingy.

George

you could use a car ratchet strap as from Halfords or similar - pound shops often have cheap ones.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Reply to
Keith

Cheers Jkn and Kieth

I'm over de moon as that device is made here in the UK at a staggering £299 pound...jaw drops on floor.

George

The bins round the back of an artist's studio?

Stick with a wedged frame, fastening the canvas on slack and then stretching it. Trying to stretch the canvas and _then_ attach it whilst under load is a heathen notion.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well MrD I make my own stretcher bars but they glued and screw,not the wedge way and they have not loosened the canvas yet.

Reply to
George

Isn't stretching both ways necessary?

Reply to
Adrian C

Do you mean all four sides of the stretcher? yes it is but that device make light work of it and sometimes canvas pliers have the habit of tearing thin or medium canvas.

Reply to
George