Thoughts on insulation (garden building, storage/workshop).

Shuttering ply is cheaper than normal WBP... (but still is WBP - just not as pretty looking)

Reply to
John Rumm

As in the prices above.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Not a good time to be buying materials - ply is 60% up on this time last year. You may get a better price from a decent timber merchant. Buildbase are showing 9mm OSB3 at ~£27 if you buy 7 or more sheets.

Alternatively, insulate with PIR boards for now and clad them later when the prices are not as daft.

Reply to
John Rumm

Buildbase is where I buy stuff generally, although bizarrely TP were cheaper for 14 bags of ballast and a pallet of cement. The prices above ae Buildbase ones, too. Anyway, I could get 9mm OSB there at ~£23, but that's still three times the price of plasterboard!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Here's the situation now:

The idea being (currently( cut 25mm Jabfloor to fit the nays between the posts, resting on the cement fillet at the bottom, and hve 2x2s between the barren inboard of the fillet to the angler irons of the roof trusses, ensuring it's sealed around with PU foam. Then go on the Jabfloor with rockwool, and plasterboard finish. Some extra timber may be required to support the plasterboard, I'd rather not hold it at 34" centres, but 17" would be OK.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Where are you? Searching 'PIR seconds' comes up with a number of suppliers

- I suspect a big chunk of the cost is delivery, so if you have a local one the cost will come down.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Buckingham-ish.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

if there is no DPC under the existing floor, which is quite likely then he needs to stop damp coming up from the ground and getting inside the EPS. Cousin made this mistake when he insulated a big shed and over a period of about 10 years the EPS just slowly disintegrated allowing the overlaid flooring to sag in places.

Maybe spend a bit more and use 'celotex' as flooring insulation.

Reply to
Andrew

18mm OSB3 is (or was) half the price of 18mm ply though.
Reply to
Andrew

Blimey, I paid £23 for 18mm OSB3 in 2018 !!

Reply to
Andrew

No experience, but this lot are in Sudbury

I think the Celotex factory is in Ipswich so presumably they get them from there.

I'm not sure where the other manufacturers' factories are, but wouldn't be surprised if the 'seconds' vendors are located nearby (Seconds and Co are in north Wales and Scotland, there's also Insulation South Wales Ltd)

THeo

Reply to
Theo