This a new one.

I phoned a company today to discuss a new car deal, but I was told that they would have to phone me back later, because their data security system is down.

Maybe this.

'A key principle of the UK GDPR is that you process personal data securely by ... being stored off-site, allows the organisation to restore its systems.'

Reply to
Sysadmin

No never heard of that, certainly most people keep back ups at another site as we do at the Talking Newspaper and vet anyone who might need to access it, but if every time you needed to get data somebody had to go and find it elsewhere nobody would do anything at all!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa