Thickness of an internal dividing wall?

Two 1980 semis. Concrete block construction, london brick outer walls.

How thick is the party wall likely to be please?

Any rough ideas appreciated. (Plaster thickness disregarded)

Reply to
EricP

The houses are as separate fire compartments, so the wall ought to be at least 9" thick.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Most likely 2 x 100mm plus a 50mm or 75mm cavity. Or solid 215 blockwork. Or 9" brick.

Or measure from halfway between yours and your neighbour's window. Measure from the internal reveal to the wall. Subtract the second from the first & multiply by 2 (assuming that the plaster on the reveal is the same thickness as that on the party wall).

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Thanks :))

Reply to
EricP

Collect 200 when you pass Go!

:))

Cheers

Reply to
EricP

Drill through next time they're out, and measure it... :o)

Reply to
Steve Walker

We did think of doing that in the loft. :))

Reply to
EricP

I can't help but ask how this information will help you - what are you planning to do?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Might be a different thickness in the loft.

Or you might find their water tank.

Owain

Reply to
Owain