Thick walled steel pipe

TBH I don't think I would bother. The "top" bearings won't see any added grease unless you make sure that you fill the roller completely, and pump grease in until you see it extrude at the top. If you were going to do that I would be inclined to use metal shielded rather than rubber sealed bearings, and then remove the inside shields. (You can buy single shielded bearings, but only at full cost suppliers. But it is relatively easy to pry off one shield, if you take care.)

Reply to
newshound

Are scaffold poles strong enough though? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Yes it's an extra bit of machining so not worth it to me, I had considered taking the inner rubber seals out but rejected metal shields as water ingress seems to be the problem.

Reply to
AJH

If it's rust while disused it might be worth making it a rain cover.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Yes I should really cover the whole tractor with a tarpaulin for winter, something I shall consider. I generally work alone so it may be difficult.

Reply to
AJH