ThermaSkirt skirting board radiators?

SWMBO has always disliked conventional radiators and fancies something less obtrusive when we next refurbish the lounge. I don't fancy digging up the floor, and wondered about skirting board heaters.

The only ones I've actually seen so far consist of finned pipes inside a box with air circulation grills - and the cross-section is a *lot* bigger ordinary skirting board in both dimensions.

But I've just come across something called ThermaSkirt [1] - which appears to be an alloy section not much bigger than ordinary skirting board (150 x

20) with a flow and return pipe built in along its length - with bits for joining sections together and going round concave and convex corners, etc. It claims to be easy to install and to have a heat output of 150 watts/metre at a DeltaT of 50 degC. [On that basis it would need to go virtually all the way round the room - but would be do-able.]

Have any of you come across it or - better still - used it? Is it easy to install, and does it do what it says on the tin?

[1]
Roger Mills

This is the second time he has posted exactly the same so its SPAM!!

Add him to your killfile.

Reply to
dennis

Where has he posted the other one then?

I don't think so, he appears to be a regular (and genuine) poster.

Reply to
Phil L

And your relationship to this company is what, precisely? Legislation recently enacted by Parliament makes such false testimonials a crime.

I think these skirting board heaters are an excellent way to heat up a wall, and they must waste considerable amounts of energy in doing so. Calling them "An Eco Revolution in Home Heating" is one of the most cynical misrepresentations I have ever seen.

Reply to
Bruce

Please point out Roger's 'testimonials' - all I can see are questions, the main one, rather than being a 'testimonial', is quite the opposite whereby he questions the validity of the manufacterers' claims, namely, 'does it do what it says on the tin?'

Reply to
Phil L

It may be SPAM but it wasn't a testimonial, false or otherwise, he made no claims as to the worth of the product at all, merely asked if anyone else would comment (and referenced a website). I only saw it once . Could be SPAM could be not. Plenty of crooks about further up the scale than this!!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Why? It was myself that posted the original thread about 3 weeks ago. Curiously, I also posted a link to the download of the technical .pdf probably as it gives much more information than the web-site, but I can see the similarity between my own post and the OP's post.

Not everyone reads back through every post for the previous month just in case the same question has been posted. Especially on a group such as this with a very high new post count.

My own discovery co-incided with the advert on the back of a magazine me Mrs. bought home "move or improve" or something.

I was originally going to give it a go, but given that 'er in doors was talking about extending out the back of the bedrooms, given that it costs around £400 per average bedroom We have gone back to the original plan of a few radiators with the posibillity of using it should we actually get some form of extension added.

So don't be so quick to jump on people and check back to see the posting history of the accused before making a fool of yourself!

Cheers Pete

Reply to
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Which planet do you live on? I have certainly *not* posted before on this subject and I am *not* advocating this product but simply asking whether anyone has any experience of it. The link was provided simply to identify what I was talking about.

Your apology is awaited!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I am struggling to understand just what is happening to this NG. I ask a simple genuine question and get accused by two people of posting spam or uttering a false testimonial. As others have pointed out, I was NOT promoting this product - but simply asking whether it was any good.

I had not heard of this company until earlier today when I Googled for "skirting radiator".

Please look at a person's posting record before making such accusations in future!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thankyou! At least *someone* seems to have understood the question.

Now for some answers . . .

Reply to
Roger Mills

If you are genuine I apologies.

However when almost the same words are used in two postings asking the same question about a product I suspect SPAM.

If you had googled it you should have found the original thread too.

Reply to
dennis

Thanks - I accept your apology. I also accept that maybe I should have Googled before posting - but I do scan all the messages in this NG and didn't recall seeing a recent post on the same subject. I must have missed it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

This is tooooooo bizarre!!! are we psychically connected Roger? See below...

Earlier I said....

"So don't be so quick to jump on people and check back to see the posting history of the accused before making a fool of yourself! "

My post and subsequent thread on the 15th May can be found ->

Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Somebody posted a couple of weeks ago, but I don;'t think it was him

Roger has bee around for ages

not what I'd call a spammer

Reply to
geoff

In article , Roger Mills writes

Never should have changed that nik Rog, you're just another newb now ;-)

Pete's already linked to the old thread but my concerns were cost, the reliance on installation quality (rear insulation & draught proofing to avoid heat loss and quality of corner construction) and maintainability (proprietary oval, O-ring sealed fittings).

Despite the limitations of rads, I reckon I can do a more effective job with them and still remain inobtrusive.

Reply to
fred