The screws keeping my table top steady keep coming loose?

We've got one of those round tables with a centre column which fans out at the bottom to give four legs (which makes it easier to push chairs in/out etc). There are four screws in the sides of the centre column which come loose and when I tighten them it stays solid for a while but then they come loose again. I think i am screwing into a threaded metal slot so it's not like it's wood that's worn away or anything. I was thinking of putting some thin material around the screws and then tightening them but was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions? Thanks, John

Reply to
jgkgolf

I have an MFI table like that but it hsn't iirc caused that problem but can I suggest you get some sprung washers ( they are like normal washers but are thicker and split and have a twist between the two ends of the split which gives them the "spring" . I'd imagine that would work as it gives some pressure between the head of the screw and the recess it screws in to .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Loctite thread locking adhesive from any decent motor spares shop.

Reply to
Peter Parry