The scout hut roof - barbed wire allowed?

Congratulations on surviving the minefield this far.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Tempting:-)

But I have to do this one totally above board.

Reply to
ARW

I don't get this Adam. You are doing the electric? Why not get a security bloke in and let him do the security?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

But I am able to do more than just electrics.

BTW Has anyone else ever noticed that women stop doing what they were doing when they decide to tell you that they can multitask better than men? Nagging and yelling at the same time is NOT multitasking

Reply to
ARW

In litigious/compensation/victim Britain, it would be wise to get some authoritative statement regarding the fitting of the barbed wire. For example, if your local Crime Prevention Officer says X metres high, warning notices in all sorts of languages, etc etc, then do what he says. It won't stop thieves, vandals, hooligans, etc taking the owners of the scout hut to court - which will probably involve you - but at least you can show you acted in good faith and with accepted standards.

Reply to
Terry Fields

No, no, no, no, no - yes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Plain wire on path side of the posts, barbed wire on the stock side?

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Should he get a gigolo in to do the scout master?

Reply to
Gazz

How does the chant go? Akela... we will view your breasts ?

Reply to
Gazz

authoritative statement regarding the fitting

metres high, warning notices in all

vandals, hooligans, etc taking the

least you can show you acted in good

I wouldnt rely on such advice, from experience, nor would I expect that excuse to cut much ice in litigation.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I have sent you a photo of her bottom.

Reply to
ARW

If the OP wants to avoid all legal problems with barbed wire, then he'd better not put up any. Otherwise he'll always be second-guessing the legal system.

Reply to
Terry Fields

I suspect, if it were up to the OP, he would fit these:

I think it is the Scouts who are worried about the legal implications.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In message , Nightjar writes

Does it work on cats?

Reply to
Bill
+1 please;-)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I knew there was an ulterior motive :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bugger the cats. Does it work on rabbits and b*****s?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Hang it on the 'inside' of any supports?[1] Is that what they mean?

[1]The 'public' to the right of this picture.
soup

I'll bet quite a few posters would like to see me fit and use one:-)

Reply to
ARW

It would probably get a good following on YouTube.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar