The scout hut roof - barbed wire allowed?

I don't get this Adam. You are doing the electric? Why not get a security bloke in and let him do the security?

Mr Pounder wrote:

But I am able to do more than just electrics.
BTW Has anyone else ever noticed that women stop doing what they were doing when they decide to tell you that they can multitask better than men? Nagging and yelling at the same time is NOT multitasking
--
Adam

Should he get a gigolo in to do the scout master?
On Sat, 04 May 2013 16:21:24 +0100, ARW wrote:

In litigious/compensation/victim Britain, it would be wise to get some authoritative statement regarding the fitting of the barbed wire. For example, if your local Crime Prevention Officer says X metres high, warning notices in all sorts of languages, etc etc, then do what he says. It won't stop thieves, vandals, hooligans, etc taking the owners of the scout hut to court - which will probably involve you - but at least you can show you acted in good faith and with accepted standards.
--
Terry Fields

On Saturday, May 4, 2013 7:29:00 PM UTC+1, Terry Fields wrote:

I wouldnt rely on such advice, from experience, nor would I expect that excuse to cut much ice in litigation.
NT
On Sat, 04 May 2013 14:50:46 -0700, meow2222 wrote:

If the OP wants to avoid all legal problems with barbed wire, then he'd better not put up any. Otherwise he'll always be second-guessing the legal system.
--
Terry Fields

On 05/05/2013 18:03, Terry Fields wrote:

I suspect, if it were up to the OP, he would fit these:
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product.php?prodIDI14
I think it is the Scouts who are worried about the legal implications.
Colin Bignell

Does it work on cats?
--
Bill

Bugger the cats. Does it work on rabbits and b*****s?
--
Tim

writes

Nothing works on cats.

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

A twelve bore is quite effective
AWEM

Only if you have one and only if you get a shot.

The police might take a dim view of a 12 bore used in an urban environment.

--
Tim Lamb

Do it in late October/early November.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 56th day of Discord in the YOLD 3179
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine"
On 9 May 2013 21:25:13 GMT, Huge wrote:

Doubt you'd have to hit the target the noise would proably put of most cats.

Hum, a weapon discharge sounds very different to a firework but I guess townies wouldn't know what a shotgun sounds like anyway...
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 09/05/2013 22:51, Dave Liquorice wrote:

As a townie I regularly hear what I think are shotguns. Suspect it is clay shooting - not quite sure where because the sounds echo around.
--
Rod

Nope, they don't.
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 57th day of Discord in the YOLD 3179
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine"

Umm.. I think they do (sound different) but can't quite think how:-)
Shot travelling overhead can be heard and perhaps the gas expansion imparts some directionality not found in an uncontained explosion. Shotguns go off at ground level where fireworks of similar energy tend to be aerial?

--
Tim Lamb

Sorry, I failed to make myself clear. They do sound different, but townies can't tell the difference. OTOH pigeons can easily tell the difference between a gas gun and a real one ... :o)
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 57th day of Discord in the YOLD 3179
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine"
On Fri, 10 May 2013 08:40:09 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

I was wondering which part was being disagreed with as well. B-)

Firearms have much sharper harder leading edge and are shorter in duration.

You've not experienced New Year in China then...
--
Cheers
Dave.