The Queen's xmas message

The same old po-faced moralising and religiosity. When will the royal script-writers wake up to the fact that the world has changed ? We don't want to hear the likes of that po-faced preaching any more, thank you very much.

The Queen should sack the lot of them - and then - wait for it ! Do It Herself !

What could she talk about instead ? Well, she must have a fund of wonderful stories about the shenanigans that various of her ancestors have got up to. We'd love to hear some of them !

Also, she is known to be an excellent mimic. It'd be wonderful to hear her demonstrating that skill.

The thing about the Queen that most people will remember this xmas - far more than that turgid bit of speechifying - is Dame Edna appearing in the royal box with her and Philip at that wonderful xmas variety performance. That was brilliant - and very, very memorable !

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Other channels are available.

Around these parts, given a choice between Her Lizzyness and Dame Barry Average...

Reply to
Adrian

I thought she was dangerously ecumenical this year.

"People of other faiths", indeed.

I'd still rather spend Christmas with her than Kirsty Allsop though. I bet HM's mince pies are nicer.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Well, I never listen to it any more as its just a ritual these days as you say. Does it really matter though?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Fuck off then.