The holiday has got off to a good start

Gfs front door will not lock and the cat f***ed off just as I was about to take it to the cattery.

We were supposed to leave at 8.

Reply to
ARW

Where to, so I can follow the mishaps?

Reply to
Richard

East coast N Yorks.

Door now screwed up ie a couple of lengths of CLS screwed to it keep it closed.

Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.

Reply to
ARW

Rule C17: never, ever let the cat see you pack - it triggers the perversity response.

Reply to
Robin

Couldn't you have left it there as that seems to be how many people get infected with cats in the first place (and cheaper than a cattery)? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks. Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want of course.

Reply to
RobH

BTW Brid is not N Yorks

Reply to
arwadsworth2020

As a dog owner you don't generally have to worry about such things as the dog will be in the car as soon as they get wind that you might be going out in it! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of course) Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at this time of year, so a good destination for the sex-tourist with an adequate supply of condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case they fail.)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No. It is not full of old slappers, I've been there and it is quite nice. However: The fish and chips was not too wonderful and the little figures of the bloke with the teeth who landed there did not impress me.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Everyone's standards are relative :-)

Reply to
Fredxx

Plenty of cat houses in Filey

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Beats the living daylights out of the Great Shithole Of The South.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Oddly enough buying a condom machine is on this weeks list of things to do.

Reply to
arwadsworth2020

Been there a couple of times. Stupidly expensive. Full of poofters. I have no problem with gay people.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Wow! You must have a hell of a scoring rate if it's cheaper for you to buy an actual machine.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I recall going to Brighton via the A23 back in the late 60s. There are two large pillars on each side of the road (I think they're still there) where the boundary is. Some wag had taken a red spray paint can and scrawled in big letters, "Welcome to Dogshit-by-Sea" on the right hand pillar. Even from 50 years ago I remember how apposite that was. And it's only got worse since.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You passed through sometime?

Reply to
Richard

I think that my last visits were in 2001 - 2002. Ever tried Blackpool?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire