The holiday has got off to a good start

Gfs front door will not lock and the cat fucked off just as I was about to take it to the cattery.
We were supposed to leave at 8.
--
Adam

On 12/08/18 08:48, ARW wrote:

Where to, so I can follow the mishaps?
On 12/08/2018 08:53, Richard wrote:

East coast N Yorks.
Door now screwed up ie a couple of lengths of CLS screwed to it keep it closed.
Cat found on neighbours settee having a bit of a nap.
--
Adam

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 09:33:26 +0100, ARW
Couldn't you have left it there as that seems to be how many people get infected with cats in the first place (and cheaper than a cattery)? ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 12/08/18 09:33, ARW wrote:

Anywhere particular on the East coast N. Yorks. Brid is nice, but there are other places, depends on what you want of course.
BTW Brid is not N Yorks
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:18:38 +0100, RobH wrote:

According to Viz magazine (which I personally don't read of course) Whitley Bay is full of old slappers out for a shag at this time of year, so a good destination for the sex-tourist with an adequate supply of condoms (and bleach & a wire brush in case they fail.)
Cursitor Doom wrote:

No. It is not full of old slappers, I've been there and it is quite nice. However: The fish and chips was not too wonderful and the little figures of the bloke with the teeth who landed there did not impress me.
On 12/08/2018 15:34, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Everyone's standards are relative :-)
Fredxx wrote:

Beats the living daylights out of the Great Shithole Of The South.
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 15:57:44 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Brighton?
Cursitor Doom wrote:

Been there a couple of times. Stupidly expensive. Full of poofters. I have no problem with gay people.
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 16:54:08 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I recall going to Brighton via the A23 back in the late 60s. There are two large pillars on each side of the road (I think they're still there) where the boundary is. Some wag had taken a red spray paint can and scrawled in big letters, "Welcome to Dogshit-by-Sea" on the right hand pillar. Even from 50 years ago I remember how apposite that was. And it's only got worse since.
Cursitor Doom wrote:

I think that my last visits were in 2001 - 2002. Ever tried Blackpool?

Morecambe has got to be the real pits - worse than Blackpool. Out of season, it becomes dead (most shops closed) along the seafront, and a mecca for teenagers and stag/hen parties a couple of streets inland.
Scarborough and Whitby, which we know well in all seasons, still retain some life (even if it's slightly tacky around the amusement arcades) out of tourist season.
NY wrote:

As a contractor I used to work Morecambe and it was not too good. Its a toss up between Bleakpool and Morecambe.
On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 18:17:55 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Er, no. Anyway, I've heard it's full of druggies which is a bit of a deal- breaker. Out of druggies and slappers, I'll take slappers any day.

Full of hen parties.
--
bert

On 12/08/18 15:57, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

You passed through sometime?
Richard wrote:

Too many times. Now, fuck off.