The Express.

No DC continued to gain intrest from the offshore fun which is tax evaision rather than avoidence that's why it was stopped.

whisky-dave

And if you have complicated VAT arrangements regarding ownership and leasing of business jets, yachts etc, then the rich and famous will have accountants and lawyers that say they too are simply making use of available government legislation ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Times must be hard if the rich can't really afford that private jet. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why would "gaining" interest from an offshore fund be tax free for a UK taxpayer?

It will only be tax free for a non-dom (if the interest remains offshore) or if the investment is in a trust and the interest remains in the trust (but in the latter case they will be rules to comply with about paying tax when the value of the trust distributed).

But if the interest is "paid out" annually to a resident UK taxpayer it will be taxable at their marginal rate.

tinm

Reply to
tim...

Well we'll see when the cases come to light won't we. If you lease yuor own jet to yuorself for going on holiday does that make it a business ? So in therey I can claim the VAT back on my home computer if I check my work email is that how it works ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

No idea, or why DC oppoligised if he did nothing wrong.

I assume if the person is living in this country and the intrest comes to them in this country it should be seen as unearned income just like it is for everyone else.

I would have assumed that applied to DC.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yep, legal tax avoidance.

Yep, envy.

Thank you!

I do and have done since the onset of this thread - clearly you have now managed to understand it too.

We then get onto the rant which is supposed to educate and inform but actually tells me a lot about the person who wrote it...

and

followed by

At which I see no further point in attempting to continue this discussion with someone who clearly is foundering.

Reply to
Mark Allread

So nothing wrong with that if advertised and avaible to all equally.

No, I wouldn't want to buy a jet.

I've know this for at least 5 years IIRC, perhaps longer.

Who wrote what exactly.

You mean I understand it and you don't which has been proved otherwise the HMRC wouldn't be looking in it it at long last. It's like jimmy saville being allowed to abuse because anyone saying he was wrong in doing that will be bullied into silence and would not be believed .

Reply to
whisky-dave

Your memory and literacy problems also explain a lot.

Reply to
Mark Allread

When I was freelance, I was allowed to claim against tax for my car. In proportion to the amount it was used for business. But that was to do with runnings costs - not the VAT on purchase or leasing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

so which person(s) who are yuo refering to, who';s ranting I'm not.

Reply to
whisky-dave

and

followed by

Pretty much a mindless, chuck everything you can think of, rant from you to try and distract attention from the fact that you are now agreeing that you are/have been a tax avoider and that you now agree that tax avoidance is legal.

Perhaps the fact that it is only "for at least 5 years IIRC, perhaps longer" that you have known of the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion is the reason. Oh, for clarity, those were your own words I have quoted and which I have simply copied and pasted.

This is going nowhere - it would help if you could remember just what you post and when. As you cannot I shall not bother to reply to any further post from you.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Yup.

And a portion of the cost of running your house, if you do it at home.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher