The Beeney is back!

And if the did what she said, it would be very boring very quick. We only ever watches Justin & colin attempt to make a million because thay were so useless at it .......

And what would Dr Who be like if Tom Baker just waled up and said "go on be nice chapes and go away" and the darleks went away ? Thats the point we want someting where we can shout at the TV cause we can do better. There must be a reason fat lads watch football on TV ...

Personally I think this "budget" stuff is junk, once you are in you have to finish, no matter what it costs. having a buget, and cost control are not the same thing.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

There silicone anyways - yuck

Reply to
Rick

Right-o. Do you know, I would never have come up with that idea by myself. Just goes to show what benefits there are in participating here, as one's enlightenments just never cease.

MM

Reply to
MM

So why don't we get to see the evidence? Giving away too many tricks of the trade, perhaps?

MM

Reply to
MM

That'll be why on the C4 trailers things they have on she said she'd prefer smaller ones...?

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

what 'tricks' ? the tricks she uses to advise the punters on the programme which they ignore that winds you up that makes you rant ? those ones ?

RT

Reply to
[news]

No, the ones she DOESN'T tell us about!

Why doesn't she tell us:

- where and how to find dilapidated properties

- how to convince the seller that his price is too high

- how to estimate the cost of refurbishing

- where and how to get the best builders/plumbers etc

- how to get the best from solicitors, estate agents

- how to get the best from architects, inspectors

- how and where to get all the bumf on various regs

- problems with listed buildings

- where/how to find firms to 'dress' the house temporarily

- what to do when things go badly wrong

- auctions as a last resort

See, there's LOTS she COULD tell us, but all we get is, "I wouldn't put the bath there, if I were you." And so anyone contemplating this activity ends up doing all the research on his own, by himself, continually reinventing umpteen wheels, making the programme actually a total waste of time when it could be a vehicle to help us on our way. Otherwise the programme makers might as well just open the programme with a picture of The Beeney astride a pile of Yellow Pages, pointing at them with a speech bubble saying, "Get on with it!" It could be one of those three-minute fillers that come on after Channel

4 News.

MM

Reply to
MM

You'll find most of that is/has been covered but then what idiot(s) would enter into one of these 'investments' without knowing these things? Just about ever comment she makes is qualified with an explanation, most of which are common sense

Reply to
Dave

Look at

gives contact details for all the suppliers used in the programme, including:

Lobster