That Floodlight from Lidl

We had those in the bogs at work - you can guess the result. A colleague did a cartoon of an employee being carried out on a stretcher, with the caption "He was shaking it so hard to keep the light on that he ruptured himself".

It's just to light a small patio, so anything over 4m from the house will be a bonus. The current light is far too bright for the job. I don't know the wattage as I would have to drill out the screw; also the lamp has failed (to come on - could be a fault elsewhere).

I'll mount the new one centrally and a couple of metres higher then the light will be more useful.

Reply to
PeterC

For some years now I've said "The wibble is..." to mean the web address, then brief education - job done.

Reply to
PeterC

Put it up yesterday. Getting on nicely, cable stripped and ready to connect, when a sharp shower came on. Terminal box open of course and front plate fastened securely but not tight. Tipped the fitting back to shelter the 'lectrics, down the ladder, rescue Makita box, get placcy bag and cover fitting. Break for neighbour's apple crumbel and custard. Dries up, finished wiring, some Plumbers Putty, thinly rolled, on the seal and fit the cover. Lamp was a bugger to get in. It's a 4-fold CFL on an adaptor (CFL not detachable) to fit in place of a standard halogen tube, so it's difficult to get it in and not apply force to the CFL. There's an anti-rotation block (due to the overhung weight of the CFL) that means only one way of doing it, so the reflector had to withstand some deformation by the end of the CFL.

Anyway, all back together, set the pots to try it in daylight - quite impressive. Bright light (I suspect it's not 'warm white') on quickly. Gave it a couple of runs in dusk, still a bit of tweaking to do. At least it can be fitted with a tube.

Now need to fit a PIR to the front light as they're both on the same switch. Her last BF is an electrician and his work is not good, I've had to correct some of it and there's still some to do - a cheap 4-way extension lead hard-wired into a socket in the kitchen! It could have >13A on 1.25mm flex straight to the ring!

Reply to
PeterC