Terraclean - snake oil or not?

I was surprised to see Ed China promoting the stuff. It's his reputation & credibility on the line if it turns out to be snake oil.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

versus the lucrative cheque he'll receive for promoting it.

Anyway, who?

Reply to
Adrian

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote

Clicking on

- How TerraClean Works - doesn't say anything about how it works

Reply to
DavidR

DavidR pretended :

Simply because an explanation would not stand up to scrutiny.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

One of the easiest ways to clean out the combustion chamber and piston tops is with a controlled bleed of water into it, with the engine running. As anyone who's had a head gasket go might know. But removing all the carbon on a high mileage engine may not be a good idea anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't you watch Wheeler Dealers?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No.

Reply to
Adrian

The Medway Handyman

Oh.

Still, at least that answers the question over the risk to his "reputation".

Reply to
Adrian

One quote on the website says ," TerraCleaned (sic) will not cause any damage to the Nikasil coating. We are only using a highly refined fuel, there are no harmful chemicals present." and the MSDS safety sheet implies much the same:

I guess if they are using it solely as a fuel for the duration of the procedure, then the results may well differ from just using an additive added to regular fuel....

Reply to
Lee