Tennon Saw supplier

hi, I'm working in a school and were after 20 tennon saws, looking for quality at a good price.

cheers

Reply to
roy

Try Axminster's Jack-Saw brand - about £6 plus vat each for 1 off. You should be able to beg an educational discount for 20 off. These are hardened and claim to last 5 times as long as ordinary ones. Unless you are going to get the metalwork dept to sharpen them for you, paying the saw doctor for a re-set and sharpen a conventional, more expensive saw will be dearer than replacement. These should give you good value for money.

BTW pop along to the English department to get your OP marked

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

=================== Since you're working in a school you'll probably find you're restricted to buying from a scheduled supplier. Ask your Technology adviser - you'll probably get the best price through him / her.

Alternatively look at:

for some good prices.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Got to get that apostrophe key fixed, we are not restricted to any particular supplier, Thanks to the suggestions so far.

Roy

Reply to
misterroy

You probably want a fairly ordinary general-purpose saw such as:

should certainly be able to get something reasonable for =A320 (give or take). No harm in asking for discount. Try your local BM just in case - they may do a special. I would not go for a cheap hard-point saw, it won't instil any sort of "quality" into their heads, and they're not so nice to use. A brass back saw looks nice too. Re Bob's comment on sharpening, a) this shouldn't be necessary very often, and b) the cost should be about =A33.5 per saw.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built