Telephone power supply noise

i have a US digital phone for which I found a voltage convertor from Maplin for UK supply. The telephone tone is ok but as soon as I dial, I get a humming noise. I tried to use the phone with it's American power plug and using a 85W step down transformer and all is fine.

Can the Maplin power adaptor be an unregulated or do I need to go and have it changed to a different type?

Reply to
wiscom

Maplin do unregulated ones. Is yours unregulated? Is the existing supply regulated?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

In message , snipped-for-privacy@c.com writes

If it's not BT approved, then it's illegal in this country and Eliza will report you to the council

Reply to
geoff

Further to this, will a ferrite ring help to supress this noise?

Reply to
wiscom