telephone plug wiring

Haven't you got a multimeter?

Reply to
Clive George

You don't even need a multimeter - just a battery, a buzzer and a few bits of wire :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Why bother with the buzzer - touch both bits of wire to your tongue :-)

Reply to
Clive George

Why bother with a battery? Just do the above using the mains ...

Reply to
Adrian C

1/. the tools work 2/. the plugs work

3/. he was familiar with them

Tinsel cord is a bastard to terminate to ANYTHING.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't remember having any failures, whether using stranded, tinsel or (tut, tut) solid wire. Assuming the wires will go in the right holes, of course. And I used to tap the contacts home with a hammer and a bit of broken hacksaw blade.

Owain

Reply to
Owain