Taxis and dogs

All to do with driving, ya prat.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I do not post for attention.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

The UK population pay £50 per kilo for that revolting sub shit quality excuse for meat called kosher. You parasite and thief. No more noahide, eruvs, beth din: as seen by maxwell, shipman, gary glitter, philby, greville jenner.. The list is endless.

Reply to
Anonymous

Please tell me that I am not the only person on this newsgroup who thinks that this is very funny

ARW

But most taxi drivers (non-muslim) will not be against dogs per se, just the fact that the next person to get in will not be happy with dog hairs over their clothes, etc. - especially if they are allergic. It therefore makes business sense to refuse all non-service dogs.

As for the cakes. A baker should not refuse to bake say a birthday cake for someone who is gay, just because they are gay, but it is perfectly reasonable for them to refuse to bake one promoting a gay event or for a gay wedding if it is against their beliefs. They are not denying service to someone for being gay (totally illegal), but refusing to compromise their genuinely held beliefs by actively promoting a gay life.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

They are not able to refuse assistance dogs on any grounds except medical ones. They would have to show that they are not only allergic, but have documentation to prove it. Religious dislike does not exempt drivers.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Get yourself a pair of dark sunglasses and a harness.

Expensive way of making a point!

Reply to
Fredxx

FFS, Adam. I am mortified that you find that amusing. You are one sick bastard and you'll be pleased to know that makes two of us. Fucking hilarious, thanks.

Reply to
Richard

Drunk in charge of a wheelchair..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's for blind dogs.

You might as well get a high-vis vest printed with "Guide Human"

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Or a quadriplegic trying to manage as well as his paraplegic companion, and failing. Not the slightest bit funny.

Reply to
Rob Morley

You would have thought that at least one private hire firm would be happy to do this.

FFS some of the drivers must own dogs. Bunch of bastards the lot of them if they refuse to carry a well behaved dog.

Reply to
ARW

Oh. I guess this won't do it either then:

Richard

It's scary how long it took for the escalator to stop after the person who appeared from the bottom of the picture hit both emergency stop buttons.

People forget that although the bottom (and top) of an escalator is level, the front wheels of a wheelchair/scooter/pushchair will rise up about 6-9 inches once the steps start to form a staircase.

I've seen parents on the London Underground nearly tip their children out of pushchairs when going downwards and the don't hold the pushchair level with its front wheels off the step.

Good trivia question: "What form of transport did Bumper Harris demonstrate to a sceptical public?" He was a one-legged man (possibly a London Underground employee) who showed that even with a wooden leg, it was easy to get on and off an escalator safely, when LT first installed them.

Reply to
NY

If she was just stupid them it's mildly amusing, if she was demented then not at all, and as we don't know I'm a bit torn ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

Longer version here:

Seems like she can walk a bit.

Reply to
Richard

A lot of local cabs round here won't take dogs. The majority of the drivers are Muslims & apparently dogs are "unclean".

Reply to
TMH

You are not the only one!!

Reply to
TMH

I'm not a muslim. I don't want dogs in my car or in my house. I'd rather the mobile turd dispensers weren't in my street either. On a farm, in a zoo, in the wild, whatever, just not in the town.

Why the f*ck people want to drag animals around with them, and why they think that others should accommodate them, is a mystery.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Everyone who uses a mobility scooter can walk a /bit/. That's the point of them.

Reply to
Max Demian