Tarmac in a bag

I cannot remember the correct name for this stuff but is it any good? I need to patch (12" x 6") a path that has little traffic. How deep do I need to dig and do I need to do any more prep work than dig to a suitable depth? My main questions are is it any good and will it last? I presume I just tamp it down with something suitable to be level with the surrounding Tarnmac. If it helps it is at the edge and it will butt up against edging stones that are fixed 'edge uppermost'. Hope that all make sense to people.

TIA

John

Reply to
John

Yes it is, we used it years ago on a heavily used part of the drive and the patch has outlived the surrounding (commercially laid) tarmac. We tamped it down very hard, with an ordinary hammer.

We're going to use it again to make a ramp against a shallow step to make it easier for putting the caravan into the drive.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

To repair a dent earlier this year, I followed the advice on the tub and placed a board over the filled-proud patch and then drove back & forth with the engine-end of the car. It's solid so far.

My only problem with the stuff I bought (from a shed) is that it seems to be a very expensive way of buying tarmac.

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

Oh it is - but if you only have a small hole to fill it's worth it. Better than buying a lorry load and having to go round your neighbours asking the maister if he wants his drive doing cheap ...>

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Gypo alert!!!!!