Textured finish for sub-bass cabinet

I'm just finishing the cabient for a sub-bass speaker for use in a home cinema setup. It's MDF and about 450 * 300 * 300. I'm looking for a textured satin black/charcoal finish but haven't found anything suitable. I'm assuming aerosol will give me the best finish but I've only found the 'plasticote' range and they don't do a textured finish in a dark enough colour.

As an alternative the piano black gloss finish is nice but satin would be better as gloss shows *every* tiny imperfection in the finish!

Does anyone know any products that might fit the bill?

Cheers

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jowsey

"Neil Jowsey" wrote | I'm just finishing the cabient for a sub-bass speaker for use in | a home cinema setup. It's MDF and about 450 * 300 * 300. I'm | looking for a textured satin black/charcoal finish but haven't | found anything suitable. | As an alternative the piano black gloss finish is nice but satin | would be better as gloss shows *every* tiny imperfection in the | finish! | Does anyone know any products that might fit the bill?

Non-slip floor paint that you apply with a textured roller? Sort of like a civilised version of artex. Not sure if you can get 'charcoal', you might have to make do with 'wet elephant'.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Upholster it in black vinyl? Thin foam underneath. Might help with resonances too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How about stage speaker covering fabric? CPC have a small range. Stick it on with non solvent spray adhesive. Servisol brand is OK. Ordinary Evostick attackes the fabic and makes it go saggy.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

These should do to start with:-

?CartID=040720001253209&moduleno=3398
?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&product%5Fid=260614
?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&product%5Fid=260616

John Rumm

Frost Auto (or Automotive) Restoration sell 'authentic' crackle finish paint for vehicle dashboards.

HTH

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage