Talking of Dysons...

That Tim chappy down there reminded me that I meant to ask a question about our Dyson DC02: It needs a new cable rewind assembly, or some classy bodging, as it rewinds the cable whenever it feels like it, which is annoying. The problem is that I can't see how to get to it so I wondered if anyone here knows how to, or can point me to an appropriate website? I can't even see how to get the wheel off!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Forget that... my brain had reset itself to an earlier configuration and had completely forgotten that the reason I couldn't take the thing apart last time was because I haven't got a proper T20 (or whatever size it is) driver, only T20 bits which won't fit down the 'oles when inserted into a suitable driver. Thanks, Dyson.

As you were.

Si -

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

'Tamper proof' probably.

Just out of interest, I bought a nice little set of Torx drivers on a handle from the local market for a quid. No good for regular or 'hard' work probably but might just save the day sometime? There are 4 'blades' that swing out from each end (like a cycle Allen key set) and the good thing is they are quite long and slender so might even crack open a Dyson!

;-)

My good news might be that it's *just* the moulded plug, or more accurately where the cable enters the plug.

We just got back from the physio (on her new knee) and I though I'd plug the DC05 in. Nothing happened ... before I even tried the Dyson's own on/off switch I pushed the cable back up into the plug and on it came!

So, it looks like we have a DC05 (FWTW?) for the price of a plug top ;-)

No bags just £200 / month in filters ...?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

One trick is to cut a slot in the back of the bit with Dremel or such, drop the bit in the hole, and use a slotted screwdriver on the bit.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

That's an imaginative bodge. I like it.